Re: LP2 at namm

Matt Davignon wrote:
> The effects look like looping-related commands.

> I don't know what the "retrigger" or "replace" ones do. It looks like
> you can assign the above effects to 2 footswitches.

I've discussed those briefly with Rick, and plus a bit of speculation.

Replace 1/x is a direct emulation of a certain specific edp behaviour,
(also present on LP1).
It replaces a single quantised chunk of the loop with input audio.
In EDPish it's a "Shortpress of Quantised 8th Replace".

I'm quite excited by that, while that effect has been around since
2003 it's was always somewhat hidden away in the more expensive products.
If it catches on it could open up a lot of interest in the whole
"looper as instrument" idea.

I guess the vanilla Replace would be unquantised momentary
(replace for as long as button is held)
In that case, it's possible that quantised replaces will also
cut out larger chunks if held for longer (but

Retrigger is more or less what's offered by the DL4
Retrigger Once. Play the loop once from beginning then stop.
Continue.
Retrigger Continuous. Retrigger loop from beginning and keep going.

Retrigger Random. Jump to a random point in the loop.
The Random Retrigger is intended to be used rhythmically,
I guess the loop would be filled with a variety of
sounds (with slow attacks) so that rapid operation of the randtrig
produced a well defined beat.
Again, that's a very "looper as instrument" type feature.

I don't think it's been pointed out yet that the LP2
has a Mix control (back panel) which, unusually for a
small looper, makes it suitable for use on an Aux send.

andy butler