Re: strymon el capistan delay pedal-(sound on sound loop mode like a tape loop)

I have (from not so many days) a Strymon El Capistan and I am totally conquered from the musical quality of this object.
Looks like Strymon is really pushing the quality of digital processing a step beyond.
The "looping" opportunities offered by the El Capistan are - of course - limited to what you can see on that video, not much more.

On the other hand I am really curious of what the new Strymon Timeline - that has a looping dedicated function à la DL4 (I guess) - can do.
On HC someone wrote

""Do you guys know what granular synthesis is? Where audio is chopped up into "chunks" and processed separately? It can do that... and you can adjust the "size" of the chunks, the pitch shifting on them - loads of stuff. If you like unusual sounds, you're going to love the Timeline. It does normal delays too - tape, analog, etc. - but a lot more besides..."
From Phil on harmony-central"

This, combined with the possibility of using the delay functions and the looper altogether makes me very curious about that tool. Even if infos are still very generic.

Here a first short demo, fyi

b:k

That's what you would expect from Eventide! The GR-55 has global
effects that can as well be used on the guitar's analog output signal,
but I don't know if it has any tape delay style effect?

Here's a good write-up on the GR-55 BTW
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/01/for-the-digital-guitarist-a-roland-synth-and-processor-in-one-box/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+createdigitalmusic+%28createdigitalmusic.com%29&utm_content=Bloglines

best
Per

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Louie Angulo