Re: LP2 at namm

John Metzler schrieb:
> Especially in the sync department.  I mean, with out it there is no good
>way to keep things aligned.  It's totally necessary unless your are only
>interested in using the one looper and doing simple layering, and no
>other accompaniment such as drums machines, or programmed keyboards.
I'm begging to differ here. "It's totally necessary" - that sentence is
only true if you include "and if you're only interested in music with an
extremely strict, deterministic relationship and don't want to have the
hassle of keeping two loopers in sync yourself".

A lot of people from this list have done test runs using two Boss DD20
delays (which don't allow for sync) and had them synced by simply
pressing the tap button at exactly the same time - due to the very small
tolerances of the DD20's clock circuit, this seems to work.

Then again, you can do stuff where you deliberately work with some "odd"
timing relationship, which can both be fun with two loopers and with
looper and drum machine/programmed keyboards, e.g. the second part of this:
http://moinlabs.bandcamp.com/track/fook-yew-people-who-annoy-you
(that repeating guitar riff is not synced to the rest).
> Especially if you want to use interesting live loops along with a live
>drummer and a band, you really need to have some sort of click or
>flashing light for everyone to follow.  I know, you can create a loop and
>have the band adhere to that loop very closely, but I find that it just
>doesn't leave you with enough safety and security to do anything
>interesting.

Again, no - there's at least two other ways, one of which works without
MIDI: manually (or footoally) retrigger the loop.

          Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs