Re: mainstage CPU,how good is it for live looping?

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Louie Angulo
<louie.angulo@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Im basically using the stock guitar presets Per and the CPU is showing
>about 25
> my mac seems all around slower and there is a delay in the signal,is
> yours config like that as well?

No. It feels as snappy at 90 percent as it does at 25 percent. I don't
use any stock guitar presets though. All my channel strips are custom
made.

> i also find it hard to loop like that even using their built in looper
> what does your CPU percentage shows when you use the pedalboard looper
> concert preset?

I'm afraid I don't know, since it was ages since I tried that preset.
But CPU load does not affect audio "feeling slow". If I go up to 100
percent I may have an audio drop-out for a second but except for that
audio sounds crystal clear all the way.

But Mainstage needs CPU headroom in order to be stable. When I set up
my channel strip patches and looper routings I won't use a patch if it
goes higher than 60 percent. Some of mine starts at 20 or 30 percent,
others at 50. On the global level (i.e. not Patch level) I run Mobius
in a four tracks version and route those four Mobius tracks as
separate outputs into Mainstage. On two looper tracks I keep an
Autofilter going. Then I also keep one Ohmboyz instance on the global
level plus a multipressor and limiter on the stereo output.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com