Re: semi OT: practice amp for looping

Vox Mini 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01rVgISZdKE

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Ruelle Benoit <benoitruelle@yahoo.fr> wrote:
Hello,
I'm sure I'll get some good advice from the looping community so even if it's a bit OT, i'll ask.

I'm searching a small amp to practice at home. Something under 150$ and I think that with 15W, it will be enough.
I investigated something like the fender mustang, the line6 spider or roland cube but I'll use this mainly for looping and  it would be nice to have a solution where I can overdub differents sounds with different FX.

As I won't find any amp with an FX loop in this price range and i already have some amp modelling tool ( zoom G2 and Johnson J-Station), would it be OK to buy a keyboard amp instead. The range will be wider and I can also us it to loop bass/synth and voice. Any inputs regarding this solution? Any proposal? I already tested putting my J-sation into my home HiFi but I don't get the response I expect from a guitar amp. It seems to lack some compression and I don't get the "oomph" that I can get even with a very low budget amp (think the squier you get with beginner pack).

Thank you for any info;

Ben.

--
-==-=-=-