Introductin & naive questions

I bought a Boss RC-2 Loop Station a year or two ago and after initial frustration and disinterest it has been sitting on the shelf until recently. In the last couple of weeks I've been investigating looping pretty seriously. I've been watching a lot of videos and the variety of music making being done with loopers is pretty amazing. And, I've been fooling around with the RC-2.

When I bought the device, I thought compact was a good idea, but I soon realized more switches are better and just bought an FS-6 switch. It is still not the magic bullet I was hoping for. I am just missing some basic technique, I think, or my mind just doesn't work in the same way as Boss, but I often end up not where I want to be.

I have to ask if this is possible:
 I get that you have to define the loop boundary with a second click, but what I want to do is immediately start recording an overdub at that point. I would think that would be a one click operation.
 The other thing is, it seems there should be a very easy way to stop one loop and start another with one click. I haven't found a way to do either of these things with the RC-2. Advancing to the next memory position gets me half way there.

I had been looking at different hardware devices out there and then I ran across this group and a discussion about Mobius. Mobius looks like a killer app. I've only just fooled around with it a little. Together with a Behringer FCB1010 it looks like a combo that could do just about anything. It would be an excuse to buy a new laptop and the aforementioned pedal. Still, that is quite an investment and I want to be sure I would be able to do those two tasks I mentioned above. Would it be easy to do those things?
Thank you in advance.