Re: rhythm sequencers software

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Louie Angulo
<louie.angulo@googlemail.com> wrote:
> But i do remember the Stylus RMX being mentioned,is there anything
> else out there interesting that you could recomend?

Not really, since RMX's random variation system - called "Chaos" - is
hard to beat.

Other slightly less good partly randomized beats can be produced in
the background by Ableton Live if setting up a bug number of drum
loops as clips on an audio track in legato mode and then customize
"random slice jumping" by the clip launch property settings.

I mentioned iDrum in the past but it doesn't have any random function
at all. But you can set up a big number of slightly different drum
patterns and create a long looped song from them to achieve a similar
feel of variation.

Then there are slice-and-shuffle plugins like LiveCut, but LiveCut
just sound like... LiveCut ;-))  If you like that it will do the job;
not as musically delicate as RMX but in a more rough and glitchy way.
When talking glitch affected drum solutions you could also check out
BT's latest slicer plugin that recently was discussed on this list
(and all over the web). Feed it a drum loop and set the level of
randomization that sounds good for the song. 10 day's free demo to
test out before buying.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se