Re: syncronizing rhythm software (mobius as master)

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:58 PM, Louie Angulo
<louie.angulo@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ok,so you are saying IDrum could be slave synced to mobius master,and
> since mobius cannot be a host,therefore using something like LoopBE
> and this would be a stable setup,doing midi start stop,mute midi
> start,realign etc.even when changing speed in mobius ?

I have not tried all those actions and can't say it would be totally
stable that way when MIDI Clock synced. On a computer platform there
are lots of variables that affect stability, the particular
application you run is just one of them. For me it seems the CPU
headroom has always been the critical aspect and my guess is that
iDrum has proven more stable for me because of its low CPU
consumption.

Myself I never assume anything in software, it's simply not possible
to state that a certain combination of applications "is stable". What
I do is to try stuff out, then you know for sure if it works on your
particular hardware and OS. Most apps are available as demo versions
so you can really try out things before buying into them.

Per