Re: Beginning Looper Seeking Advice

John Singletary wrote:

>  First, I would like to use a range of instruments (guitar, synth,
> iphone, chaos pad, drum machines, glockenspiel, whatever) and have the
> ability to pick up an instrument, record a loop, put it down, pick up
> another instrument and so on.2nd, I need to be able to synch all of
> these loops to a set BPM while maintaining the ability for a loop to
> have its own type of rotation (meaning one loop going for 4 measures
> of 4, one going for 7, one for 3, etc. all simultaneously). 3Rd, I
> would like to be able to adjust the volumes of each loop separately
> after I play it. 4Th, I would like to be able to have each loop sent
> to a different output device (one to a bass cab, another to a guitar
> amp and so on). This requires that the loops be isolated and that the
> system has enough outputs. I would also like to be able to use foot
> pedals to trigger loops. If anyone has even just rudimentary ideas of
> how this could be accomplished I would be so extremely grateful.

Hi John,
the only hardware looping tech that will give you that is the
Looperlative LP1.
It has 8 stereo tracks which can be routed to 3 different stereo
outputs and have individual control over volume and pan.
(so with panning that's 6 mono outputs)
To do the sync you'd have to record a one measure loop as
Master, then any addition loops can be any made to
fit exact numbers of measures.

It's controllable by a simple midi pedal (and you'd maybe
want a desktop midi controller to mix the loop output volumes).

You'll also need a small mixer.

andy butler