Re: SoftStep vs 1010

On 2/9/11 8:51 AM, "Per Boysen" <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just read the FC-300 manual and think the Gordius is much more
> useful. At least for me. I won't go into much details, but on the
> Gordius you can set up almost any switch/pedal to send any type of
> MIDI event. I.e. a fully modular MIDI foot controller!

Per,

I'll agree that the Gordius is more advanced than the FC-300, but I was
under the impression that the Gordius' main leg-up is the ability to send
timed commands synced to MIDI clock.  Essentially, you're sending MIDI
Macros rather than just commands, which is extremely cool.

However, with the FC-300, you can send pretty much any type of MIDI event
(PC, CC, Notes, MMC, NRPN, SysEx, and even
nearly-useless-for-foot-controller data like poly-aftertouch, FWIW).  I'm
just curious what data type -- Clock notwithstanding -- the Gordius is able
to send that the FC-300 cannot?

    --m.