STUTTER EDIT by iZotope

Well,   I just spent an hour goofing around with
BT's new invention developed by iZotope called STUTTER EDIT.

I used it inside of Ableton LIVE which I'm not very familiar with  but
my PCs are down right now so I don't have my favorite Image Line's FL
Studio
up and running (on a MB Pro now) but I have to
say, this is one super fun piece of software if you are rhythmically
inclined.

I just used the Preset Managers' ability to audition effects (as I don't
have a
Midi setup currently) but there are so many fantastic rhythmic effects
in this program
and they all are perfectly synced to whatever loop you are running.

You can use resampling and repitched 'cascades' as well as having rhythmic
stutters that can morph through time (changing note values as the effect
plays)
but they are all synced to the track.

I remember spending several hours manually editing tracks in Sound Forge to
attempt things like these and here it's all at the tip of your fingers
immediately
and you 'play' your loop with a midi keyboard.

Very hip and highly recommended.

rick walker

ps  I'm no expert in it, by the way..........just a goofy fan now!