Soft Step real feedback please

 The answers I've been getting are about as coy as a pond of ornamental fish, to wit:
Features aside, just try "steppinī" on one first Bill, you may not
like it, or was that sarcasm?
and
I prefer to play bass sitting but I've been playing standing with the softstep because I have a much easier time mashing down the keys on the softstep. Just thought I'd throw that out there as you contemplate your purchase.

Come on folks, even if you have to spill your beans to me off list, someone please give some real world answers  to my real world questions.  Is it the learning curve or the latency, or the friggin shag carpet you happen to me putting your Soft step on, or the fact its a bit to small and thin to use with your favorite combat boots? it seems to me it would be best mounted on an angled pedal board to make the back tier more accessable. I would really appreciate more detail about this.
 Thanks
 Bill