Re: Why does mainstream seem more like , downstream these days?

I'm still getting a lot of flack from booking agents because I "cross boundaries"  and from reviewers because I mix repertoires. It seems that there are still people who don't know what to make of someone who simply plays music, just as there are people who still buy CDs. Granted, I work in conservative areas - traditional music, baroque music, rock...