Re: Why does mainstream seem more like , downstream these days?

lol.  When people ask me what kind of music I play, I usually tell them that I play a some popular music, some semi-popular music, and some un-popular music.  This usually takes me into a lovely conversation where I can define it all.  Being everything from a traditionalist to an avant-gardist, where nothing on the continuum is mutually exclusive (by definition), this serves me the best in terms of my commitment to connection with people, artistically and personally.

I love the part of this thread which denotes the issue as spectrum and continuum whereon 'mainstream' is a completely movable point. Nice.

Cheers, friends.

Todd