Before We Looped

I wanted to share this material with everyone on the list as it was the
last band that
we played in before we began to loop in earnest in '95
*
Daniel Thomas*, the wonderful multi-instrumentalist and award winning
producer
(Bob Brozman, Martin Simpson and many master world musicians)
has put up some of the live concert footage of our band *Worlds Collide *
from a concert in 1992 at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz YouTube.

It's a trip to watch us playing world/fusion music three years before
guitarist,*Bill Walker*, saxaphonist/multi-instrumentalist*Gary Regina*
and myself began
synchronized live looping in earnest as *Third Wave* at Mobo Sushi.
We were all rockin' Lexicon Jammans in those days.........midi-ed up.

Of the musicians on this stage,   Daniel, Gary, Bill and myself have
all gone on to do a tremendous of solo live looping music in our own right
(all having played the Y2K Looping Festival many times).

This is a trip down memory lane for me and I want to thank Daniel who not
only served this band faithfully as a multi-instrumentalist who was
fearless
about taking on new instruments to help the broad approach that we took
in Worlds Collide but also faithfully recorded an incredible amount of
digital audio from these concerts (that I video taped).  He went back
and put a lot of work into matching the audio to the video.

This performance was from the CD release party for our first and only
recording,
"Everything's Changing in the Global Village"

So if anyone is interested,  here 'tis.

*"You too, Endure"*    (a tribute to Mbalax, the Senegalese dance music
popularized by Youssou NDour)
  + *"Saudade"*  (an attempt of mine to incorporate the three styles of
Brazilian music, Afro Reggae, Maracatu
and Partido Alto that I was in love with at the time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdHoLZ5m8YA&feature=related

*"A Walk In The Rainforest" *     (an attempt to write a slow samba in
5/4 that captured the vanishing beauty of the
Brazilian Rainforest and the incursion of civilization that is ruining it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cplrTk9BJsc

*"The Sapeurs Strut" *   a tribute to Congolese and East African guitar
music     Bill just shreds on this type of material!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rstOhEdtC_E&feature=related

Now,   who's got some more footage from their pre-looping days to share
with us?