Re: Audio to midi

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Dennis Moser <sinsofmachaut@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Plogue bidule

Good to hear Fro got the audio2midi conversion going over there.
Myself I lack the CPU recourses for running my fav synth Alchemy
together with the three parallel audio lines for looping. So I'm
sticking with audio only until the blessed super lappies from the
future arrive. I've been setting up the same performance environment
in Live, Logic and Mainstage and right now the time has come for me to
close the circle and use Bidule again, as Bidule was where I started
developing the virtual rig. It's funny how a virtual rig actually
consists of only a bunch of ideas of how to connect certain processes,
EQ and compressing.

I'm noticing Bidule is a lot more powerful now compared to five years
ago. But of course those good changes have to also be credited OS X
development and upgrades of specific plugins used. Back in 2005 Bidule
ran better on a Windows XP but right now this OS X box seems fine, so
far. Pristine clean audio.

A key technique I use is to reverse a CC# input stream in order to use
the same expression pedal to tweak multiple plugins in one go, and I
had forgot how to do that in Bidule. Just found out now (cable "CC
Iniverter" into "CC To Params" and then set up the binding in the
global Parameters window). Awesome! Got the custom made freezeverb
going now ;-))  Guitar/Stick dist is a challenge though. The raw synth
tone of Oomingmak (Expert Sleepers) is great for bass strings and the
Decapitator (SoundToys) is nice for warming up high steel strings.
Still looking, not having the great fuzz box simulators of Mainstage
in Bidule. Plan B, if I find nothing less CPU intensive, is to patch
in IK Multimedia's Amplitube3.

Looking for plugins for:
1. Fuzz
2. Ringmodulator (got Hematohm, but compared to Mainstage's ringmod it
is a bit fad. Want something bell-ish)
3. "Chuck-a-Wha", envelope filter.

Ideas, suggestions?

Greetings from Sweden