re: total improv

for total improv w/ vocals-i know that i've read about some bands that people list on the gear page, that are jam bands that appear to do improv w/ loops and vocals,
funny enough, most of the bands i've never heard of, there seems to be a whole subculture of jam bands that i'm really unaware of, probably never get to my neck of
the woods i guess. most of the stuff i'm aware of is mostly instrumental (which is what i mostly listen too any more), various bands that david torn has worked w/
(his "Prezens" band most prominently, B.L.U.E., the cloud about mercury band, polytown, etc) most of these bands i assume most are familiar w/. and then as others
have piped in, there are many on this list who have put out stuff that is mostly improv, good stuff, so check out stuff in peoples signature. the band that
vernon reid is in: FreeFormFunkyFreqs is a total improv band, they have one album out which is very good, lots of youtube clips which sound nothing like the album
which i think is good, they're just all over the place...henry kaiser has also done a # of improv things over the years, his Plane Crash album is good.

looping improv is mostly how i work as well, ex's on my myspace page, & the 3 vids below are 3 li'l projects i did for our local Public Access tv, all are over a yr old,
so for me it's funny to see some of the gear changes, and i know that i think i have 3 other episodes in the "can" but have been too lazy/busy to turn them in. the funny
think in rewatching my old stuff, is i have definately have a "pattern", most of my clips are about 15 min of me working before i take a break (& stop filming or interrupted by
kids!). the other thing i noticed was a pattern of work,usually always run through similar style things: noise loopings, ambient something, metal-y something, fahey-attempt of
clean fingerpicked something...and as many stated, in the method of searching while improvising, at times can be good, at other times "less good" as they say, happy
hunting, searching, fishing, looping, (my ex. below...), s---

www.myspace.com/scotthansen

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=235503632389016121#docid=5791548553161416906

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=235503632389016121#

http://www.mefeedia.com/watch/28102613