RE: ADK Pro Audio PC VS MacBook Pro

Rick I'm totally with you on these points. I find Apple's corporate tie-ins quite repugnant. Apple this and apple that, making you buy their proprietary accesories- Sony are the same and I avoid their products for the same reasons.
I'm with you on the grass roots development of everything from VST's, (;-) to sequencers to VJstuff etc
I have a vision of ordinary people designing the means of music production and distribution. Designing tools for music generation, processing, sequencing, interactivity, distribution and consumption. It's an exciting prospect made possible by dint of the internet.
God Bless the Global village!
There's a snob value to macs that I dislike too but that's probably because I'm permanantly skintocks!

Peace