Re: (OT) More on Radiohead

I didn't like them at first either. For years I got hung up on how
much Thom Yorke sounds like a cat left out in the rain. He should do a
duo album with Beth Gibbons of Portishead. :)

WWWWWaaaaaa????? I saw Portishead live at the Warfield and she blew me away, almost like a different singer than on the records which I also like,  she displayed power and range the recordings didn't totally convey, as did the rest of the band. I wasn't initially a Radiohead fan,  High and Dry left me how shall I say high and dry? But his voice has grown on me, and I love how that band arranges guitars, no grand standers in that group, at least from a playing stand point. I dig Johnny Greenwood in the same way I dig Johnny Marr, inventive thematically minded guys with great sound and great hair.. I wish my name was Johnny. wish I had my hair????   What really has made me a fan of Radiohead, was seeing the basement live in the studio recordings they did for the In Rainbows CD. that stuff continues to be aired on PBS and its all over Youtube as well. The ensemble playing is stellar, the tunes are great and the sound is perfect.  I'll probably get the new CD anyway but I'm more interested in finding out if anyone has heard the new PJ Harvey?
Bill