Elektron Octatrack used as a looper of sorts..

With eight channels of sampling and effects and crazy crossfader and trigless trig stuff the Octatrack is a VERY diffrent beast.. Here I'm usin it as alooper of sorts, i sample and resample since it has eight track i can stack stuff and replace stuff and to somethings a looper cant... according to Elektron there will be a proper looping machine later this spring but what is there is deeper than most loopers or samplers and it can be used for live experimental looping, perhaps not as good for building live backings.... yet.. if you don't want youre backings to be experimental than it's GRAT
 A soloway Swan Guitar into a V-stack Tweedy (amp sim) into Octatrack into recorder. No effects ot anything just "live" plying on guitar and Octatrack.. I had some stuff like pitchshifting, delays and more mapped to the Crossfader so i can kind of play the pitch on some of the tracks... COOL (might sound strange) some trigless trigs on some track to, among other thing, shift pitch, revers and stuff..
The OT VERY FUN to play with and sort of musical.. need to practice a lot more but there is potential in this machine...
http://soundcloud.com/...rgdah...guitar-odyssey
THE "LIVE" guitar is a "through" machine I also use a trig recorder to pitch shift the live guitar with trigless trigs.. (in left chanel)

So what du you think???

Regards,

Anders