Re: ustreamers

No, it’s 800K.  I don’t even encode the video for that, keeping down round 300-400K.  I can say only once that it’s been a Ustream problem – during a big promo they were running just when I was playing...

From: Jeff Duke
Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2011 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: ustreamers

Steve, you are saying that you have a 1.9 M upload speed?! I am thinking of switching to cable from dsl for that very reason. I am maxed at .860 kbps up :(

I would lower your video to 200-300 max with a .7 though. IMO you need plenty of headroom there. Video takes a backseat and having the show skipping/lagging ruins it!

That said sometimes it is Ustreams fault but mostly it's not :)

best,