Re: Electro Harmonix Freeze - Vortex Patch

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Rainer Straschill <moinsound@googlemail.com> wrote:
Aren't you a guitarist, Mark? I'm really surprised that you don't know of the antichrist of tone suckage ;).

        Rainer

Ha HA... I do indeed call myself a guitarist, but from day 1 I used way too many effects to mask...
A) Playing ability or lack of...
B) Crapness of guitars... and their er... special tone.

I suspect that they just mean that theres something about it they dont like, so they say "Its sucks my tone!" I dont think they really know what it is...
I mean... guitarists love distortion pedals... er.. dont they suck the guitars tone? what about wah wah... they suck and spit tone alternately

I have never owned a Fender (ok I have a Fender bass.) A Gibson, or anything with a special sound.
Infact, I always thought they sounded horrible, (With the exception of the strat, which sounds like a totally straight clean guitar, just waiting for effects IMHO). Telecasters sound like clock chimes...
Jaguars sound like scissors...
Gibsons sound like planks of wood.

I like generic, off the shelf, dont sound like nothing, guitars... I run them thru stuff, and then they sound like something... if its too bassy, I put it through something else thats trebly, if its too dry, I add dirt and reverb, I really havent got a clue what the "tone" is... apart from annoying tones that some guitars have, in which case they should have their jacks inserted while holding down all strings which is, as everyone knows the simple way of clearing a guitars bad sound, back to its factory settings...

:-)

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com