Re: Electro Harmonix Freeze - a quick review

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Matt Davignon wrote:
> The only difference between fast and slow
> is what happens when you let go. (Letting go turns the pedal off.)
Reading the manual with it the other night (and I only had it one
evening to peruse)
I noticed that you could preset the fast and slow lengths ahead of time by
making a series of button presses before powering up (as I remember it
hazily).

In one of these settings,  there is a slightly longer ramp up of the volume
in the 'slow' setting which I found to be very musical (sounding subtly as
if a second musician was playing after engaging the pedal).

In the same setting, you could also make the release time a bit longer
which was very nice for letting sounds you've capture fade out at the same
time that you are capturing a new note.

These longer settings are not the default settings of the pedal, however.

I, too, thought it was a shame that the button is so loud (like a DL-4)

I, too, like Matt,  really thought it would be a very cool edition to my
pedal array.