Re: DL4 expression pedal

Other pedals should work, and you should be able to control the other parameters as well.

I once made an expression pedal for my DL4 out of a cheap volume pedal myself. It worked, but the potentiometer had the wrong characteristic, so most of the way nothing happened, and on the last bit the changes were radical. But worked in principle, and I could control the delay *and* the mix of the loop.
Hope this helps.