In praise of the M-9 was DL4 expression pedal

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Louie Angulo wrote:
> Well im happy and dont miss my DL4 at all;-)
Really,to be really accurate,  it should be said that the Line 6 M-9 it
IS a DL4, with a little bit
more recording time, the wonderful addition of a single 'undo' which
also toggles as a redo....

......and then all those amazing effects..........all this in a fairly
small real estate package (considering
how much processing is on board)....

.....additionally, they have gone and improved a large amount of some of
their weakest modeling
pedals (especially, the distortion modeller) and then added a bunch of
new effects like the
amazing 'particle verb' and one of my favorites,  the 'pattern tremelo'.
The number of very musically useable effects is really staggering.  I've
had mine for over a year
and I'm still discovering cool things to use, musically, in the unit.

As an example, I have an entire bank of pattern tremelos to toggle
between when I want really fractured/glitchy degradation
of an ambient loop.......each pattern tremelo allows for four 'quarter'
notes of successive square wave tremelo
speeds that can be set as 'slicing' integers from 1-16.    You can use
up to three effects simultaneously so
I set up 6 of them and every single one has a different set of integers
set up..........you run your sound through
3 of them at a time, toggling between other examples and you can get
very sophisticated and changing
glitch effects.      Just then add some king of warbling filter to the
fun and it really gets some cool random sounds
to manipulate with a second looper with glitching functions like an EDP
or LP-1 and/or slicing pedal.

To me, the M-9 is a desert island, single hardware looping solution.
Add something like the upcoming
LP-2 mini looper to the fun and you can have a very powerful, portable
looping/re-sampling solution for only around
$700.

rick walker