Re: Re: In praise of the M-9 was DL4 expression pedal

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Rainer Straschill wrote:
> I had my DL4 for quite some time, but with its relatively big
> footprint and small feature set compared to other devices, it has
> become kind of a one trick pony for me, when I want that sweep delay
> in a situation when I play with my (synth-based) hardware setup.
Yeah, Rainer, I understand anyone's hesitations about a large footprint
in a stomp box pedal,
and personally, with the addition of an LP-2 mini looper and an M-9,  I
also am not using
my DL-4s anymore.

There are also the concerns of how much gear one schlepps to a gig.  I
have a large 'do everything' rig
(double rack cases, midi pedals, et. al.) and a run out the door floor
pedal hardware rig.

For running out the door I love the M-9.    It, two cables,  some kind
of 'axe' and a miniature
Vox amplifier and I can really play a lot of music with no muss or fuss
and minimal setup and load time.   That's pretty cool.

There's actually a lot of sound processing under it's hood and it takes
up about three stomp box pedals in
size.

Can you come up with a rig that does more things........absolutely and
that's wonderful and
I support you if you don't consider the M-9 for your purposes.

You do have to take your computer, though, and/or rack case and your
footpedals.
Which really small footprint midi pedal do you currently use?

yours,   Rick