Re: Behringer FCB1010

Hmm. It would be quite a financial commitment. i'll check it again, but it is more than I want to spend, for sure.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
Don't miss out on checking the Gordius Little Giant 2 as well! I
recently got one of those after having used up three FCB1010's (they
typically last exactly three years for me) and I wished I had gone
with it a lot earlier, because it would have saved me some money. The
LG is expensive to buy but cheap to own, compared with the
Behringer(s). Another nasty issue I had with all my FCB's is that they
now and then send out a random MIDI CC# value. I was using hardware
gear that could not filter MIDI and my rack devices kept jumping off
my preferred settings all the time. This kind of happened every third
minute and was a pain in the ass when performing. Then I started using
only software at the receiving end and was unlucky to find the best
sound and functionality with software that was by design hardwired to
some Roland General MIDI specification of the eighties - so the
Behringer random MIDI surprise bug kept biting me. The Gordius pedal
never leaks any MIDI I have not programmed it to send out on my
command, so I'm a very happy musician these days :-)   Oh, another
reason I went with the Gordius is its small size and light weight...
not beating the SoftStep here though, but to me the SoftStep has
disqualified itself in many other areas.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com