Re: Foot controller for a dream looper

On Mar 21, 2011, at 2:19 AM, andy butler wrote:

> Best is to spend time with the LP1 and get to know
> the feel of the functions that it *does* have ;-)

Other than the desire to link scramble to the quantize factor and have
that selectable via MIDI and the desire to be a bit more specific about
where a copy goes, the Looperlative does do virtually all of this. But to
make it do it, I would need a controller with a lot more buttons and I
would need to pay more attention to the necessary press sequences both of
which mean that the features probably just won't get used that much.

On the short press v long press front, I tried to carefully pick
operations for the short press that could either be essentially prefixes
of the long press -- a la the EDP -- or could wait to initiate until
button release. Many of the combinations of behaviors -- e.g., the long
press to undo -- I got from other loopers but I'd have to go look to see
what. (It may have been the LP2. It could be the Digitech Jamman.)

But I think the message is that I'm blowing out the control/configuration
capabilities of MIDI foot controllers and the LP1. This is where carefully
honed experiences like the EDP and the Boomerang have an advantage.

Mark

P.S. While looking at my M13, the slightly simpler thing I would want and
that I wish Line 6 would build:

* Make the loopers stereo
* Give me four of them in the box, switch selectable via the top row of
buttons
* Give me a multiply button to replicate a loop
* Provide appropriate cycle syncing between the loopers (but make it
optional for those times when you don't want things synced)
* Make Undo a per loop thing so that for any loop I can essentially have
two versions though only based on including or not including the last
overdub.