Re: Re: Foot controller for a dream looper

*On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Daniel Thomas wrote:*
> *Ain't that the truth!  Wether it be HW or SW, looping remains the
> bleeding edge of media production workflow.  The great potential that
> it holds for music and for video is matched by a near total absence of
> standard workflows upon which to hang our hats. It makes it hard for
> to get a grip on a workflow that meets one's unique needs and, in the
> same stroke, it opens the field to endless workflow design
> possibilities.  IMO, Both LP-1 and Mobius live up to these statements.
>  Great potential-Great Challenge. *
> *
> *
> *No matter what your platform, (i prefer them all :)  the price of
> admission to create unique and idiosyncratic art with a looper is
> often high.  Thats not to say that you can't make great looping art
> with a delay pedal, but if you want to innovate /performance workflows
> that facilitate your own compositional style/, you may have to buck up
> the midnight oil in a very big way.  I certainly have had to pay a lot
> of dues to the "WTF-is-going-on-now-Gods" in order to break through on
> any looping platform...HW or SW.*
> *
> *
> *See you in the wee hours.*

Well put, Daniel.

Additionally,  part of the beauty of using any tool can be how we are
creative getting around
the tool's limitations.

In some respects we're spoiled in this era because we have so many
powerful tools at our beck and call
and relatively inexpensively compared to 20/30 years ago.

It's hard to remember that the simplest Boss RC-2 Looper would have
boggled any of our minds
in 1990.

God,  I didn't wish for more from the Lexicon Jamman for several years
while I got to know it's capabilites.

So much emphasis on this list is put on the functionality of looping
gear.   That's cool,  we're a looping
list afterall, but in the long run it comes down to how well you know
your tools and how creative are you
in both using them and in getting around their limitations.

The point, in the long run,  is making music and expressing ourselves.

rick walker