Re: Re: Foot controller for a dream looper

it is true that a lot of stuff does not work as advertized and it is frustrating. And I have been dealing with it for 25 years now:-)

Antony

From: Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Cc: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Mon, March 21, 2011 8:09:17 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Foot controller for a dream looper

*On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Christopher Darrow wrote:*
> *Fuck that. (Not aimed at you Daniel, I understand and respect the spirit of your post, I only mean that...) I'm so tired of technology under performing, half-baked "solutions" with bull-shit editor/librarian software that excuses itself for POOR UI design under the FALSE notion that ease-of-use /must/ be (/entirely/) thrown out the window to retain complexity-of-function. *
> *
> *
> *The original poster (aka the sophisticated looper)  must make his/her own only until $1000 pedals like the LG get their editors in order AND software DAW's/Hosts / Looping Plugins work past the billions of aggravating glitches that hold us back from realizing our dreams. *
> *
> *
> *I, for one, am pissed at this point.*

One by one, the designers of digital looping gear have been dissatisfied with the gear that exists and, one by one,
they have put a tremendous amount of time, energy and money into coming up with a better mouse
trap.

One by one, they have all taken lots of criticism by musicians who don't design the gear.
That's all good because it contributes more knowledge and new ways of thinking about designing
new gear for the masses.

I've only had the pleasure of watching two people through years of this process but I'm blown away how much time, dedication and software they have put into it all.  I'm in awe of them and their amazing skill sets.

If you are pissed, Christopher, at what's out there,  perhaps you should consider designing what you think should exist yourself and then go to the trouble to put it out to the market place.

From watching the process of some of our communities' designers,  I imagine that it might
engender some humility to mix with your frustration and subsequent anger.

Yours,  Rick Walker,  who also gets frustrated by what doesn't exist a fair amount of the time