Re: does anyone really use Softstep?

No, I don't currently use mine at all.

I did replace it for exactly that reason (inconsistency of result) and it
also it sent out a continuous signal that made monitoring my midi signals
impossible, which was fixed by replacing it.

The inconsistent results could be fine now too for all I know, but I don't
use it at the moment so I don't know.

That's what I'm hoping for though, when it comes time to try again.