Re: RE: does anyone really use Softstep?

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, William Walker wrote:
> hey Michael or any one who has been thwarted so far getting used to
> the softstep. Two  of the things that people where excited about was
> how compact and lite weigh it was, but that very issue of size, and
> liteness is now its undoing in people's eyes, along with the lack of
>  a discernable tactile feel or audible sound of a switch being
> engaged,  another  feature anyone  who uses open mics on acoustic
> instruments  was  excited about . Anyone but me seeing the irony here?
LOL,  I was wondering if anyone was going to see that irony.   Nice,  Bill.

My question is whether the Softstep considerable firepower can be turned
off.

In other words, can one make the pedal just do a couple of things
instead of 5 things?

By lowering the sensitivity and turning funcionality off, I'll bet you
could have a pretty cool
little unit here.

I'm also guessing also that wearing socks or barefeet might be very
efficacious in using it, instead
of shoes which can definitely false trigger small buttons closely
placed.  I don't know because
I've only seen it demoed at NAMM (which was a very impressive demo, by
the way).
Keith is a fascinating guy as well.  I had a brief talk with him at the
show and was impressed by
him as a person.

rick walker