Re: Mobius latency compensation

> are laptops not designed to do this?

I would say it's more a problem with the software, in this case
Ableton and/or Mobius and not the laptop.  It is true that the OS may
introduce some jitter in the MIDI clocks that might not be there in a
hardware drum machine.  But it's also possible for the software to
compensate for jitter.

Ableton has a reputation for not being able to sync to MIDI clocks
very well, but I think it is mostly when the tempo of the clocks is
changing.  If the clock tempo stays constant it should be able to sync
fairly well.  I know several people have done this with Mobius.

Going back to the tempo mismatch, can you give me an example of
the difference?  How far apart were they?

Jeff