Re: RE: OMG OT: Harmonic Capo

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Charles Zwicky wrote:

> Are you kidding?   The first thing I thought was to put two on the
> neck, on at the 12th fret, one at the 7th and adjust each capo to
> touch only certain strings depending on the harmonic desired...!
I see what you are saying, Charles but, practically,  I think it would
actually take less time to put one on and just tune your
guitar to the harmonics you want , ala a zither.    You can only have 6
harmonics no matter how many capos you use, after all.
It took me a fair amount of time to put it on the guitar and space it
appropriately and then lower the individual harmonics
capos to each string...........this would not be fast for live playing,
I think if you used more than one.

The only efficacy to this approach that I see is if you want to keep
your guitar in a particular tuning live without
having to retune so that might be a good solution.

rick