Re: new loop strategy

I'm afraid I'm going to be repetitive (....that's why I love looping ;-)
but your music/playing is amazing !

-f
ww.eterogeneo.com

2011/4/5 William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>
  For the last few months I have been trying to get more comfortable with creating ABC (and sometimes D) song forms, with the LP-1 running in version 1.37,  and recently discovered that i could not only further explore the scripts for running tracks end to end that create these  more conventional song forms, but the same could be done with groups of tracks so that i could for instance, create a track or tracks of rhythmic beat box style loops that would continued to play as I switched between my A B C (and sometimes D) sections. The only issue with all of this non- automated track and group tracks  creation is it takes time to develop ( this one is almost 10 minutes), which has been what I've been working on, the flow to create a spontaneous song form from scratch. I created 4 presets on my Gordius LG that toggle between  tracks 1,2,3, and 4, and i also created 4 presets that select groups 1,2,3 and 4, with each group including the afore mentioned individual tracks + tracks 5 thru 8 which is where I record my rhythm tracks or melody ideas that I want to continue to play as I change sections. The original scripts were perfected by either Steve Lawson or Bob himself, i can't recall but here they are along with instructions on how to use them as well as my new group variations. A little something  to those of you still using an Lp-1. And though it drags at times, has a few pitch problems and the dreaded midi foot controller crickets, this spontaneous improv on the acoustic lap steel shows me creating 4 tracks (ABCD sections) and a couple of beat box tracks. For the gear heads I'm sending a Duncan Mag mic sound hole pickup in to a Keeley compressor and an Xotic ep-1 to a splitter box with one side going to an ethos preamp,  an eventide timefactor, a tc nova reverb running both channels  of a Dtar solstice preamp and my Looperlative. The other side is sent to my normal gig pedal board  with  the  M-9 set for volume swell echo feeding a Princeton Reverb and a vox AC 10. Both sides are running in to a MOTU 2408 feeding KRK 8 inch  monitors.  I really like the way the notes bloom if i hold them courtesy of the M-9's swell delay , and the timefactor handles  hold and feedback features better than any delay I've owned. I wasn't using any overdrive  but the mag mic is excellent at handling it as long as you don't turn up the mic part:-). The Zoom Q3 was recording it,  warts and all.
here is the Youtube link:
 Enjoy
 Bill

 and the  looperlative scripts:

You will need to initiate the first loop (track 1) from a standard record/overdub, or sync record / overdub preset . I always use sync record/ overdub and play/stop now , for what its worth. I suggest having both those presets in addition to the following long script presets available on a bank of presets.  here are the other long script presets you will need:
a preset with the following commands:
select track 1, cue track , except track, stop, select track 1
a preset with the following commands:
select track 2, cue track, except track, stop, select track 2
a preset with the following commands:
select track 3, cue track, except track, stop, select track 3
a preset with the following commands:
select track 4, cue track, except track, stop, select track 4
this would give you the ability to create 4 part song forms that you could toggle between once you have each section created.
 Here is how you build your track. select track one and use sync record/ over dub to create a track ( the verse section of a tune for example) You have to end recording the first track (loop) as you would normally, by hitting either a play/stop preset or a record preset again.  You   begin recording the next section by hitting the select track 2  long script preset, which you can do before track 1 completes its cycle,  as soon as track one ends recording will begin on track 2, so at this point you have to be careful of your timing coming in to the track. To end the track,  you can either press sync record again or play stop or the preset with the script for track 1 which will return you to that track.  repeat the procedure to record the other tracks. after all are created then you can simply toggle between them by hitting the long script presets for each track. No bear in mind I'm doing groove oriented stuff but these scripts work just as well for ambient stuff as well.
I think you will need version1.37 for this to work.

 These long script track presets also work for group select commands as well but not to initiate a recording function, only to toggle between groups. I use these scripts when I want to have a beat box track going while I switch between other tracks, in this case my group 1 will include track 1 as well as track 8 which I use as my beat box track. group 2 will use track 2 and track 8,  group 3 is track 3 and 8, etc....
the long script for group selects are the same as above substituting group for track.
example:
group 1 cue track except track stop group 1