Re: Booting OSX into live profile

you know who does this completely commando?  Owen Pallett, though with Max/MSP.  See his article on http://cycling74.com

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work with Live similarly.

T.

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 4:48 PM, van Sinn <vansinn@post.cybercity.dk> wrote:
Being a home musician, and as such not needing/wanting real amps/cabs, and thus using convolution/IR's, I'm thinking why not simply add a Mac Mini plus my Fireface400 to my combined guitar/bass rig, and have it boot straight into a a profile setup for live usage.

The reason being that I often just wanna play a Bit, and as such would prefer not having to have a montor attached, log in, click to setup...
In other words, I'd want to be able to turn on the rig, and have OSX boot into a default live profile.
When wanting to actually do DAW works, I'd log in and terminate the live profile (preferably have the login mechanism do this).

I'm not familiar with the various live packages, like Ableton Live.
Anyone done this sort of setup?  Then please elaborate.. ;)

--
rgds,
van Sinn

--
• Outerborough, my debut double CD set is now available on iTunes, and street date is set for March 29th. You can check out the INNOVA Recordings Artist Page here:

http://innova.mu/artist1.asp?skuID=449

http://toddreynolds.com
http://twitter.com/digifiddler
http://myspace.com/toddreynoldsmusic