RE: portable PA for electronic looper

 From my limited research a while back, the inexpensive portable PA
setups are coming from Fender (Passport), Yamaha (Stagepass) and Peavey
(Escort).  I found a used Peavey Escort locally on Craigslist, the 150
watt model.  I don't think they make it anymore, but make a very similar
format in 300watts.

Honestly, I dig the little thing.  I've gotten compliments on sound a
couple of times, using it for a couple of house parties, and also for a
gig for my wife's dance company.  It is suitable for 50-75 people, i
would guess.

Likes:
Good sound.

Onboard reverb, which sounds decent to add a bit of air/space to the
sound.

It likes modeller pedals pretty well.  I'm running my Tech 21 'Blonde'
into it for guitar, and a Tech 21 Bass Driver for Bass.  It 'feels'
pretty good for amp-like response, and it means i can switch out from
Guitar to Bass whilst looping...all through the same output.

Dislikes:
In its original packaging, where the speakers/power output all lock
together and become rollable, it's a bit heavy.  I've since removed the
power/mixer section from the 'base' and just carry that in a carrying
case, and the speakers I carry seperately.  they are very light.

No pans on the mono input channels.  There are two stereo in options,
however, so you could submix a stereo feed or two into this unit.  I'm
planning on submixing a summer party gig at my place with an Allen+Heath
Zed12fx and send the stereo feed to the Peavey for output.

It's definitely not Pro level stuff, but it's worked pretty good for my
uses so far.

Rich