Re: Re: electrix starting again?

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Kevin Cheli-Colando wrote:
> Yeah, the Electrix stuff was really pretty great, almost instruments
> in their own rights.

Definitely an instrument in it's own right!
> I also am quite fond of the underrated EQ
> killer.  3 band sweepable EQ that can swap between tow different
> inputs and send the killed bands to another processor so you can do
> the rhythmic trick with different processed sounds coming in.

I have to admit, I covet that EQ killer:
  It's the only major piece of kit that I never owned and kick myself that
I never bought one (especially when they were blown out at the end).
I even owned the Filter Queen but sold it and bought the Filter Factory
which had more
bells and whistles.

They are also built like tanks but, unfortunately, they are all two rack
spaces which is
a lot of real estate,especially given that one can only get a 6 space
rack on an international
plane flight these days.

I only use them in the US when I have an automobile to drive them around
and haven't really used
them much at all, but since I'm doing this new Rhythm & Noise project
called 'aEther Engine'
where I'm trying to rhythmically slice, dice, eq and otherwise
manipulate different noise sources
in a kind of strange dance oriented way,  I'm going to invest in an 8
space rack and put
the Filter Factory, the Mo FX and the Repeater in with a one rack patch
bay.

Anyone selling a little half rack EQ killer?    hint, hint?

Rick Walker
sent from my computer where I actually typed it