Re: A looping fork in the road. Which way do I go?

Are you sure you're not running the system at too high CPU load? If
that isn't the cause there are the two classic troubleshooting
methods:

1) Start the application and rebuild the system from scratch.
2) Take away plugins one after the other until the absence of the
issue hints at the weak spot.

A bit inconvenient though when the glitch manifests so rarely.

I had a glitch in a previous setup, but that was a choice I had made
to save CPU cycles. I was running Mobius AU on the main stereo output
and monitoring through the looper. But today I put the looper on a
parallel bus/aux, do not monitor through the looper and keep a global
signal path from my live audio input going directly to the audio
output. That's also good for minizing latency, but with my previous
laptop such a "noise free" routing would bog down the CPU into the
audio drop-out risk zone.

Per