Re: Re: R: livelooping articles for a guitar magazine

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Victor Eijkhout wrote:
> On May 28, 2011, at 7:41 AM, ligeti@alice.it wrote:
>
>> You can found the dawn of loop's universe in the first works of Steve
>Reich ("it's gonna rain"; "come out"...)
> Use of tape loops is probably much older than that. Pierre Schaefer
>1940s?
>
> But it's not live.
>
> Victor.
It is my understanding that the first person, historically, to use tape
loops compositionally (and as the basis for the composition)
was Terry Riley.   He gave specific tape looping concerts in the 60's
and was the original inspiration for people like Eno and Fripp.

rick walker