Couple Questions for the Live Veterans

What's a good choice for affordable ear monitor system that aren't
complete shit, so they at least get the job done. I think I need to move
on from the big ass cans on my head. They sound great and work great for
tracking but they nearly fall off when I'm moving around a lot.

What do you guys use for your mailing list? Would it be fine for me to
send out upcoming shows emails on my own and just stick all the addresses
in the Bcc field while my numbers are low......or is there some great
advantage I don't know about for using mail chimp or fan bridge. I checked
out those sites but I'm not completely sure I understand the big picture
with their services.

Thank you for sharing your experience and wisdom :)
Todd Matthews