Re: Frisell as looper (was: livelooping article for guitar magazine...)

Yep,
Frisell's one of the few high profile guys who uses loops creatively.
I took the time to do some listening (based on the recommendations here)
and found up an old cassette tape of a Power Tools concert
(BBC broadcast from 90's?).
At one point he's creating a whole solo out of retriggering a
short loop at different speeds.

Don't know if he does that sort of thing on his mainstream releases.
...anyone???

andy

Patrick Bishop wrote:
Smash and Scatteration is awesome! Bill did lots of looping on that. Vernon and Bill are a great team. I wish they would do something else together!

:-)PJ