Re: Strategies to Cover Onstage Equipment/User Failure

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Erdem Helvacioglu <erdemhel@tnn.net> wrote:
> LIMITER ıs your friend :)
>
> that brings us the question of how people use comporessors and limiters
> in
> impro based experimental music. any tricks, ideas?

Good question, Erdem! I like to slap a compressor over an effect
return channel and use it as leveler side-chained from my live
instrument audio input. Kind of makes it possible to "play the
effects" too as part of your premier playing. Especially useful with
reverb, I think. But others may have other ideas for this trick?

Per