Re: Bringing loops in and out with an edp

Louie Angulo wrote:
With 2 EDPs in stereo config.....now brace yourself....
I also have a thing where I hit the Insert button on the panel
of the second EDP. Then the 2 EDP are in a polyrhythmic relationship
with one always being just one beat longer than the other.

ok Andy this sounds cool! but how do you do this so the second EDP is
exact in polyrhythm with the 1st one? do you keep insterting until it
does?
are u just using them in stereo or controlling them separate?

you first follow the instructions that were just above those ones in
the original mail:-

Quantise=Cycle
InsertMode=SUS
tap in a very short loop (one beat),
and then each press of Insert increases the
loop length by an equal chunk of time.
Kind of similar to the 8th Replace thing, but with an ever expanding loop.

So you're starting from the point where the 2 edps are synced,
and just Insert a single cycle to the slave.
Going back to the footcontroller, each press of Insert adds one beat
to both EDPs.

Typically I'd record a short loop,
and hit the Insert on the slave front panel.
so
EDP Left is 1 cycle
EDP Right is 2 cycle
...not so interesting till the regular Insert is used again
EDP Left is 2 cycle
EDP Right is 3 cycle
...and again
EDP Left is 3 cycle
EDP Right is 4 cycle

Just like 8th Replace, except that the timing's different, and you're using
whole cycles instead of 8ths

...and of course, everybody loves using Insert with StutterMode don't they?

eh...never used that one,got a recording of it?

not that I can access easily.
Andre Lafosse used it a lot.

andy