Re: Boomerang III quick review

I also find that the use of the Stack button requires one to consciously be sensitive to the pressure on the button as the light Press is the Stack and a slightly harder one performs the other defined function. It would be nice not to have to worry about that. Also, yes, the buttons are nicely designed/made but they are small. When I'm in my home studio, I end up taking my shoes off so I don't inadvertently press the adjacent button - and my dogs are a reasonable size 10.

Paul

From: Todd Matthews <gtmatthews@gmail.com>;
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>;
Subject: Re: Boomerang III quick review
Sent: Sun, Jun 12, 2011 1:24:26 AM

I see your point. It doesn't really fit the flow of the rang 3. I wonder if it ever be possible work to have the stack button be stop for the selected loop?Then have rec-overdub-play functionality. Not a programmer but it probably would require too much changing off the code.
On Jun 11, 2011, at 7:43 PM, Mark Hamburg wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2011, at 4:11 PM, Todd Matthews wrote:
>
>> Yes, thanks for explaining it better than I could Mark. I did know that you can press stack while recording but that involves the tap dancing while your trying to lay down,let's say,  a rhythmically accurate loop. I did have it set for seemless loop boundaries as well because I would always hear this fade in/out otherwise, when playing a bowed string instrument. It was unusable for me without that feature. I also wish the boomerang could be set to loop like this:
>>> Rec/Dub --> Recording
>>>     Rec/Dub --> Overdubbing
>>>     Rec/Dub --> Playing
>
> I think the Boomerang III's multitrack phrase sampler orientation pushes it toward having the pedals cycle as Record -> Play -> Stop -> Play -> Stop -> ...
>
> It would probably be difficult to explain Record -> Overdub -> Play -> Stop -> Play -> Stop -> ... and inserting overdub into the cycle then leaves one without a good way to stop the loop.
>
> Mark

Todd Matthews
toddbass.com
twitter: gtodd876