Re: LP1 tech question

antonyhequet@yahoo.com wrote:
All my gear is hooked up to the DM1000 with DI where necessary. I am playing chapman stick with separate preamps and amps. Signal goes from DM1000 input to balanced AUX SEND. If I stay well within the boundaries of what the LP1 INPUT will tolerate, my OUTPUT signal is very weak.

yup, that's kind of normal

You are saying I should boost the return signal from the LP1.

yes

Am I reading you properly?

yessir

If the mixer input you're using doesn't have enough gain then
maybe one of the other inputs does.

Would I be better off using a mixer with unbalanced OUTPUTS?

I don't think so.

I'm afraid I'm going to go against what Bill says in this case.
Raising the LP1's output level by the menu will cause distortion
within the LP1.
I'd actually suggest checking it, and make sure it *is* on -1.

andy