Re: portalooper

On Jun 17, 2011, at 11:47 AM, Tim Clement wrote:

Can anyone help me...I can't figure out how to unsubscribe to LD?

Tim:

From Loopers Delight http://www.loopersdelight.com/list/LoopList.html:

- - - - -

I'm sorry, I need to unsubscribe from Looper's Delight. How do I do that? It's not that I dislike people there or anything, you understand.

To unsubscribe, send mail with the word "unsubscribe" in both the subject and body, and no sig files or anything else, to:

Loopers-Delight-request@loopers-delight.com

If you are on the digest version of Looper's Delight, send your unsubscribe request to:

Loopers-Delight-d-request@loopers-delight.com

Don't send your unsubscribe message to the list, or people will make fun of you and you will feel like a dork.

I'm having trouble subscribing/unsubscribing to the list. What's wrong?

Usually people have trouble because they try to have a conversation with me or someone while subscribing. Don't do that. The subscription process is automated, and the mailing list server is very stupid. Idle conversation totally confuses it. It only understands the words subscribe and unsubscribe, nothing else. It also will totally fail to understand the witty quote in your signature file. So turn those sig files off!

If you say anything other than "subscribe" it makes a confused whimpering sound and then replies to you with a help file. You may want to consider reading the help file before resending the exact same subscribe mail 30 times. (you'd be surprised, people do this!)

other common problems:

- Don't use the quotes on "subscribe." It's just subscribe

- Subscribe is spelled S - U - B - S - C - R - I - B - E.

- Make sure html and rich text formatting is turned off in your mail program.

- Make sure you are sending your request to the correct address noted above, and you have it spelled right. If you are on the digest, make sure you use the digest request address.

If you still have a problem, send us mail at: listmanager@loopers-delight.com

- - - - -