Re: Curious about Ableton Live

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME UNSUBSCRIBE TO LOOPERS DELIGHT..MY MAILBOX FILLS UP EVERY HOUR WITH THIS TRIVIA

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Matt Davignon <mattdavignon@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm curious about Ableton Live, as recording/composing software. Since it costs a decent amount of money, I'd better ask a few questions first.

I'd like to be able to:

--Set an initial loop (or click track)
--Record additional material either as a loop or not as a loop
--For looped material, pre-determine if the new loop length in number of repeats of the first loop. (For example, if my first loop is 2 measures, I want to be able to record other tracks of loops that are 1 measure, 3 measures, 4 measures, etc.)
--For non-looped material, I want to be able to cut portions out of the clip and turn those portions into loops.
--For individual tracks, include tools for normalization (of volume) and noise reduction.
--Turn off the beat matching
--Name the original .wav files of each loop or clip without needing to re-link them to the project.
--In "arrangement view", Copy/paste portions of audio files across a workspace in an arbitrary manner (where I can decide whether or not they sync up with the existing tracks).

Does it do all this stuff?

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com