Re: Sound vs function

Yes man the Ethos is the best preamp ive tried so far going directly
into the board!
even better i run it through a little compact 60 watt AER acoustic
guitar amp and then into the board man with my gretsch through those
what a sound!
and portable enough to take in the train,plus your back spine will
smile again,thats why my 50 watt koch sits in my room ever since!
i m with Bill,i think im done with the multi fx proccessors thing,is a
bit tiresome having to travel through menus to tweak simple and
essential things like EQs in patches,
i ve had multi fx proccesors for years,my first one the korg A3 and
then the the Roland GP100 which i kept ofr a long long time,the i
finally updated to a GT 10
 but recently i realized that it had been collecting dust and ive gone
back to basics,one tone and fx,perhaps the fact that ive been playing
acoustic guitar for a few years now has made me strip down.
So i  ended up selling my GT10 and right now im happy with a basic
setup, the ethos preamp and the M9.
On the software side i have to say though that im impressed with
guitar rig,though ive always been hardware i actually like the guitar
tones better than all of those hardware mulit fx proccessors,
If i run it through the rme 400 and then directly into the board and
setup the buffer size correctly i get no dramatic latency issues and
it makes a great guitar amp emulator and proccessor,
though ive still yet to try it live!
Luis

--
www.luis-angulo.com