OT Query Mac purchase

Hi folks,

I have a client who is considering putting together a midi recording
setup using a Mac computer.

He's going to use VSTi instruments with a keyboard almost exclusively and very little real time audio.

He wondered whether a brand new Mac Mini or a Macbook would do the trick
or whether he should fork out the extra dough and get a Macbook Pro.

My MBP is over 4 years old now so I can't really advise him.

Would you mind letting me know what you guys know about such a purchase?

Thanks a lot,

Rick Walker